- What are the main characteristics of MX Nylon?
- Compared to PA6 and PET, the gas barrier characteristics of MX Nylon are better against oxygen and carbon dioxide. Even in highly humid environment, deterioration of the gas barrier characteristics is limited, and especially after retort treatment, good gas barrier property is maintained. Because of these features, MX Nylon is widely used for various applications such as packaging materials. Moreover, because of a molding processing temperature that matches well with that of many other materials, it can be combined with conventional PA, PET, PP, PE, etc. As a result, MX Nylon can be used in multilayer bottles, films, sheets, etc. for packaging materials made by co-injection or co-extrusion.
- What is the difference between MX Nylon and PA6 and PA66?
- MX Nylon exhibits the following characteristics in comparison with PA6, PA66, etc.:
1. Excellent gas barrier characteristics
2. High strength and elastic modulus
3. High glass transition temperature
4. Low water absorption and low moisture permeability
5. Suitable crystallization speed and excellent molding processability
Owing to these characteristics, MX Nylon is used in a various applications such as packaging materials and molding materials.
- What is the chemical structure of MX Nylon?
- Unlike PA6 and PA66, MX Nylon is an aliphatic polyamide that has an aromatic ring in the main chain.
- Are MX Nylon and Nylon-MXD6 identical resins?
- MX Nylon is a commercial name of the polyamide resins produced by Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc. that uses m-xylylenediamine (MXDA). Nylon-MXD6 is a generic name and crystalline polyamide resin obtained by polycondensation reaction of MXDA and adipic acid.
- Where is MX Nylon produced?
- In two factories located in Japan and the United States.
- What is the shape of MX Nylon?
- It has the shape of cylindrical pellets.
- Is MX Nylon commercially available in the form of bottles, films and sheets?
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc. sells only MX Nylon resin pellets. Please contact us for suppliers of bottles and films using MX Nylon.
- What kind of grades exist for MX Nylon?
- Various grades are available according to the application and performance. For more information, please contact us.
- Does MX Nylon contain any lubricant ?
- Grades containing any lubricant are available at your request. For more information, please contact us.
- Is the special equipment required to mold containers and packaging using MX Nylon?
- The general molding process can be applied for containers and packages.
To manufacture MX Nylon blend moldings, additional equipment, such as dosing machines, may be required. Furthermore, to produce laminated moldings, it may be necessary to install an equipment including extruders and molds. For more information, please contact us.
- What is the configuration when using MX Nylon for PET bottles?
- There exist the following:
・Monolayer bottle: MX Nylon blended to PET
・Multilayer bottle: PET and MX Nylon co-injected to PET/MX Nylon/PET composition
- How to handle MX Nylon?
- MX Nylon pellets are stored in moisture-proof pack after reducing the moisture content to up to 0.1%. Therefore, after opening, further drying is unnecessary, and you can use the product for molding as it is. To prevent moisture absorption during handling, we recommend you to use containers and hoppers with moisture absorption preventing equipment. If you allow the product to stand unsealed for a long time, moisture absorption occurs, causing generation of bubbles and silver streaks during molding.